cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unregister batch tier

Carlos.Ortega
Producer

Hi,

We have a tier related to a java process. The point is that this tier is related to a batch process. However, it is recognized as a normal process and it is not unregistered after a time although it finished its function time before.

So, is there any way to control the time in which a node can be unregistered automatically if it doesn't have any traffic for a time?

Thanks,

Carlos

4 REPLIES 4

Hirokazu.Mori
AppDynamics Team

Hi @Carlos.Ortega,

Thank you for your post to the community!

The AppDynamics provides Node Activity Settings.

In the settings, a retention period setting will match your request. It defines how long Nodes are kept on the Controller UI after finishing.

You can set a small value to the retention period.

Or you can also use ‘-Dappdynamics.jvm.shutdown.mark.node.as.historical=true’ property which marks node historical at JVM shutdown.

I hope this document below will help you well.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/22.6/en/application-monitoring/administer-app-server-agents/historical-...

Best regards,

Hirokazu

Hi @Hirokazu.Mori,

thanks for your answer. Can you recommend to me some values for the time retention period, please?

also, using "-Dappdynamics.jvm.shutdown.mark.node.as.historical=true", Are going to be disconnected the agents after being used? We have a point that these nodes are connected but they did their function and after it, they are connected for some time instead of being unregistered.

thanks

Thank you for your reply!

A suitable retention period value depends on your requirement.
What I can say is if your process works periodically and you would like to delete a node to the process during waiting time to the next, a retention period must be smaller than that repeating period, otherwise the node will stay on the controller UI.
A retention period is the elapsed time after a node loses a connection to a process, no data transfer happens or a JVM is shutdown.
Therefore I guess a retention period setting will work well as long as no data transfer happens.

And "-Dappdynamics.jvm.shutdown.mark.node.as.historical=true" only works after a JVM shutdown.
This makes a node historical and the node will disappear soon after a JVM shutdown. 

I hope this answer can help you.

Best regards,

Hirokazu

Carlos.Ortega
Producer

thank!