cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exclude/ignore HTTP Error 400 on specific URL?

Hi Team,

We found a lot of faults in Error transaction as HTTP Error 400 as it were normal behavior of the application. But, it was bothering the customer as it was showing a high % of Error BTs.

Is it possible to configure to ignore (exclude) the URL just when it becomes HTTP Error 400, but keep monitoring it for other normal state or another abnormal error state? 

We want to add the URL: /axway/bill-payment/fetch-biller-info

I have read through the Error Exception menu, unfortunately, there was not any way to exclude/ignore a specific URL, but how to exclude/ignore HTTP Error as a whole.

Can anyone offer advice on how to possibly do it?

image001.jpgimage002.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Kittipop.Wiseschu,

I just wanted to share this AppD Docs page in case you have not seen it yet.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/22.x/latest/en/application-monitoring/configure-instrumentation/er... 
Let me know if this helped at all.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi @Ryan.Paredez ,

Yes, I have already read through it , unfortunately, I didn't see any option to be able ignore/exclude only specific URL. It only could ignore/exclude HTTP code but effect onto the whole BTs in the Application.

That's why I would like to ask anyone here if there is another option could be able to do so ?

Thanks,

Kittipop

Hi @Kittipop.Wiseschu ,

Did you find a solution to ignore a specific URL with error code, if yes, it will be great if you can share those

Thanks

Hi @Vijaya.Kumar ,

Unfortunately, I'm still looking for one. If anybody can suggest one, please share it. 

Do you have any suggestion here ?

Thanks,

Kittipop

Hi @Kittipop.Wiseschu ,

I also couldn't find a way to exclude URL based on Error code. But in my case the error was occurring from the URL in a specific tier so excluding that from transaction detection from helped me. will post her if I found anything

Thanks

Hi @Kittipop.Wiseschu - I see you are an AppD partner, you can either create a support ticket or you can reach out to your AppD rep for more help and share the answer here if/when you get one.

How do I submit a Support ticket? An FAQ 

Thanks,

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Thanks Ryan. I will reach out to Support ticket.

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Kittipop.Wiseschu,

Thanks for asking on the Community first. We still want this place to be a helpful destination for information and answers. Some items eventually need to go to Support. 

If you can please share any learnings or outcomes that you get from the Support interaction back on this post. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Kittipop.Wiseschu - I noticed Support tod you this feature was not possible and they suggested the Idea Exchange.

You can search to see if the Idea already exists and if not, create one here https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/idb-p/ideas

Thanks,