cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add custom tag field to APM agent?

Tan.Sai
Creator

Is it possible to add a custom tag filed to the APM agent? I know this is possible with the machine agent base on this article : https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Server+Tagging#ServerTagging-ViewingServersbyTagintheCont... but i don't see anything for the APM agent. In addition to being able to identfy by name i also want to be able to tag the node with a unique id number. One place i thought would be good to have this field is in the Node Agent Metadata section. Has any be able to do this? 

2 REPLIES 2

Peter.Holditch

Tan,

I am afraid I don't have a good answer for you today,  but I am interested in your use-case.

1. Where does your label come from?  What does it mean to you?
  2. What do you want to do with the nodes once tagged? (I assume you want to slice them in some way; for what purpose?)
  3. can you arrange for your tag to be included in the AppDynamics node name?  I wonder if that might help you achieve your objectives here?

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

I really support this idea where other competetive products are bringing this feature.

We are looking for having tagging option at App Agent level (currently it is available at Servr Visibility option).

This will help organizations to amnage the agents grouping and data extraction based upon tags which in return maps to organization's reference data.

Regards,

VVS