cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kubernetes Metrics cannot be reflected on the Controller

SRE.DevNet
Builder

Hello ,

We are trying to install AppD K8S Monitoring Agent . And I follow the ReadMe file in the Git : https://github.com/Appdynamics/appdynamics-operator to install the AppD Operator and Agent in my AWS EKS .

Evidence:

$ kubectl -n appdynamics get pods

NAME                                    READY   STATUS    RESTARTS   AGE

appdynamics-operator-5d7c495bd4-xjqkc   1/1     Running   0          72m

k8s-cluster-agent-6b46b878f-jnmw9       1/1     Running   0          55m

But in the Controler -> Server -> Cluster , i can only see my EKS and its version . When i click the "Detail" button , nothint can be shown .

In the k8s-cluster-agent log , it keeps generating the below warning log :

-----------------------------------------------

[INFO]: 2021-03-05 13:49:55 - agentregistrationmodule.go:145 - Successfully registered agent again appd-k8s-agent

[WARNING]: 2021-03-05 13:49:55 - agentregistrationmodule.go:266 - Agent is not licensed

[INFO]: 2021-03-05 13:50:55 - agentregistrationmodule.go:122 - Registering agent again

[INFO]: 2021-03-05 13:50:55 - agentregistrationmodule.go:145 - Successfully registered agent again appd-k8s-agent

[WARNING]: 2021-03-05 13:50:55 - agentregistrationmodule.go:266 - Agent is not licensed

And in the Controller Web Page , i got the following error :

Agent license request denied. Agent type: Server Visibility; Host: appd-k8s-agent; Reason: Not licensed for account 

Any idea will be appreciated .

2 REPLIES 2

Nawaz Ali.Mohammad
AppDynamics Team

Hello SRE.DevNEt Team,

This looks like the license issue. Can you confirm if you have enough license for Server Visibility?

You can check this by logging into controller as admin >  clicking on Settings icon on top right corner and choosing "License".

You may want to check the "Rules" tab under Licenses if you have multiple rules set up.

Anand.Kulkarni
Explorer

i started using free trial license and in server visibility there are 0 license.