Infrastructure (Server, Network, Database)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with upgrade from 4.0.4.0 to 4.3.3.4

Wanderer

Hi there,

We upgraded our DB agents from version 4.0.4.0 to version 4.3.3.4 earlier today. We followed the upgrade guide from the website and everything went well after few hours, the data stopped coming and when we investigated the logs, we found error messages that stood out. Please find the attached file with the couple of logs that may help you drill down the issue. Everything works fine as expected with the older version and it is with the new version that we are running into issues.
7 REPLIES 7
AppDynamics Team

Re: Issues with upgrade from 4.0.4.0 to 4.3.3.4

Hi,

Could you share full agent logs and controller-info.xml to further debug the issue.

Regards,

Pratik

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.
Wanderer

Pratik,

Unfortunately I cannot share the complete agent logs as it contains sensitive SQL queries, also I cannot share the controller-info.xml as it contains our credentials. If you are looking for any specific information I can provide you that.

-

Sri

AppDynamics Team

Hi Sri,

Thanks for the logs. We understand the issue is with db agent reporting to controller after upgrade from 4.0.4.0 to 4.3.3.4.

Is your controller upgraded to 4.3.x even before you upgraded db agent to 4.3.x. If yes, we need zipped db agent logs located under <db-agent-install>/logs folder to understand the root cause of the issue. With out it is not possible to identify the root cause of the problem. Please remove sensitive information if you got any and send us the logs.

Thanks

Rajesh

Wanderer

Hi Rajesh,

We don't host our controller and we use the SAAS version of it (xxxx.saas.appdynamics.com). I believe the SAAS version of the controller is in the latest version.

P.S: I cannot type the full controller host name here but xxxx in the controller host name is same as the domain name in my email address. 

-

Sri

AppDynamics Team

Hi Sri,

Thanks for the update. As requested earlier, please send us the zipped db agent logs after removing sensitve information to understand the root cause of the issue.

Thanks

Rajesh

Wanderer

Hi there,

We have the logs with sensitive information ready, is there a tech support email we can send that to? We are not comfortable with sending the logs on a public forum.

-

Sri

AppDynamics Team

Hi,

You can send mail to help@appdynamics.com .

Thanks,

Pratik

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.