Infrastructure (Server, Network, Database)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centos 7 Server, 1x MYSQL Db, 3x SAP SQL Anyhwere 17 Dbs,pfsense firewall, 5x Windows 7 Pro PC's running SWIron browser

Explorer

Centos 7 Server, 1x MYSQL Db, 3x SAP SQL Anyhwere 17 Dbs,pfsense firewall, 5x Windows 7 Pro PC's running SWIron browser

I have the above configuration in a dev environment is ring-fenced from the internet via the pfsense firewall. I am currently running New Relic PHP APM. The Windows PCs connect to the Apache (httpd) service on the Centos 7 server and run php code in their SWIron browser which includes some Javascript and AJAX calls. I wish to monitor the database, Apache server, and Windows PC End User experience. The following questions come to mind:-

1. Can I run New Relic and AppDynamics on the same server or will they conflict?

2. I wish to have an on-premise controller. Which version do I use? Linux or Windows? I'm assuming I connect to both types of controllers using a browser, in which case I should probably install the Linux controller?

3. Is there an agent for SAP SQL Anywhere 17 Db

4. Which agents do I need to download and install to monitor the above environment giving me Centos 7 server stats, DB stats, and end-user stats?

Your help and guidance will be highly appreciated.

Regards

John