cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Suppression that runs on a schedule

Brian.Mcleod

Is there a way to configure alert suppression to run on a schedule? We have maintenance scheduled nightly that throws a bunch of errors, and I'd like to suppress those.

This is application level if it helps. 

4 REPLIES 4

Radhika.Puthiyetath
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi @Brian.Mcleod

Are you looking for Action Suppression?

The image below highlights how to schedule action suppression.

action-suppressionaction-suppression

Let us know if it's work for you.

Kenny.Ulmer
Producer

I too am looking for a way to create an Action Suppression using a specific schedule/cron expression.

I've been able to "suppress" some alerts from being sent by using Health Rule schedules however this does not suppress Actions from going out for the out-of-box "Other Events", such as JVM restarts, Application Deployments, Synthetic Availability, etc.

Being able to create cron expression schedules for Action Suppressions seems to be what I'm looking for but cannot find. Any help?

Allow me to second that request. We support clients and environmnets that have predefined maintenance windows. It would be very helpful to be able to say "suppress all alerts for these applications/nodes/servers/etc from date/time to date/time" and then have that be persistent. Currently we have to do a lot of manual suppression each time the systems are offline. 

These are details from the API ... I'll assume the option exists in the GUI/Web interface too? 

suppressionScheduleType

string

default: ONE_TIME

The available scheduling options for action suppression.

Enums

ONE_TIME

RECURRING

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO21/Action+Suppression+API