cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to configure Appdynamic node js agent

ankit.srivastava

I have done configuration of my application in system.config.js file for node js. Still not able to connect with controller.

3 REPLIES 3

Abhimanyu.Arora
AppDynamics Team

Hi Ankit,

Are you inserting your appd configuration as the very first line of your application code?

Please check the docs for the same -

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Install+the+Node.js+Agent.

Typically the file you provide to node-js in order to get your the application code running.

Incase you are injecting at the root and still seeing the agent is not getting connected please check if the following folder is getting created '/tmp/appd' ? If yes, please zip the folder and share it here for us to help resolve the issue. 

Thanks

Abhimanyu Arora

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi,

I am facing a similar issue here. I have node.js v6.11.3 version running on windows. 

I have run locally npm install appdynamics***.tgz  and copied the appdynamics folder under the node_modules directory. Also added the require statement in a server.js file at first line.

The application is started but the agent couldn't hook up with the Application node.

Please suggest. 

Hi Abhijeet,

I see you have already started a support ticket for the same, lets explore this togther there.

Thanks

Abhimanyu

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.