Dashboards

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acknowledging Health Rule Violations for a certain amount of time.

New Poster

I've created certain Health Rules and receive email alerts when they are in violation.  I want to be able to acknowlege the health rule so that looking at my application doesn't show up yellow or red (warning or critical) for a certain amount of time.  I know abouit action suppression, but I don't think that this is a fix for my situation.  Neither is turning off the health rule.  I just want to be able to turn off the colors that I see on my Applications so that I'm not thinking that something is violating if I've already acknowleged it and I'm ok with it continuing to violate.

Any ideas???

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Employee

Re: Acknowledging Health Rule Violations for a certain amount of time.

Hi Brandon,

Can you please verify the selected options from the Policy configuration. You can try selecting only 'Health rule violation started' for warning and/or critical conditions as per your requirement. Refer ss and let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.
New Poster

Yes, those are the Health Rule Violation events that I've selected along with:

1. Health Rule Violation Ended-Warning

2. Health Rule Violation Ended-Critical

3. Health Rule Violation Canceled-Warning

4. Health Rule Violation Canceled-Critical.

Maybe I'm not being totally clear.  Is there a way to cancel a health rule violation for a certain period of time, just so if I'm looking at my Applications  I don't see it red or yellow indicating that something is violating.  Sometimes, some of my Health Rules may be violating, but they aren't a real concern for the moment so when I take a quick glance at my dashboard I would like to NOT see red or yellow (unless of course something else is violating.  Does that make sense?

Thanks for your help!

Creator

Hi Brandon,

Got your question, I am not aware of AppD proving the acknowledge option to mark it resolved/non-Critical while the issue is ongoing.

Kind Regards,

Dhilip

New Poster

Thanks for your reply.  Is it possible that this could be a future feature enhancement in a new release?  It would be very helpful.

Employee

I do see that there is an enhancement filed for this request to add an acknowledge functionality to the health rule violation.
Id-(ALERT-529)

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Employee

Hi,

Yes, we do have an enhancement raised already to add an acknowledge functionality to the health rule violations.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Employee

We already have an enhancement request with our product management.

Enhancement Id - ALERT-529

-Thanks

Highlighted

Can these enhancements be tracked by users or are they internal to AppD staff only? I'm interested in the progress of the health rule violation acknowledgement functionality.

Employee

Hi Kenneth,

Once the enhancement is implemented the enhancement request id can be found under release notes of that version. You can find Release Notes under "What's New?" section, please refer to the following link.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/

-Thanks