cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP Users Query Base DN

Matt.Ellis
Voyager

Hello,

I'm setting up LDAP authentication for our controller and have managed to get it working when setting the Users Query Base DN to a specific OU. Example: ou=Users,dc=domain,dc=local

The problem is, we have a lot of OU's at the top level so ideally would want to set the Base DN to the root, and then use a filter to bring in specific accounts.

So I set to Base DN to: dc=domain,dc=local but then receive the following error when attempting to test the query:

com.singularity.ee.controller.api.exceptions.LDAPAccessException: LDAPSearchException(resultCode=12 (unavailable critical extension), 
numEntries=0, numReferences=0, errorMessage='000020EF: SvcErr: DSID-03140373, problem 5010 (UNAVAIL_EXTENSION), data 0 ',
responseControls={ServerSideSortResponseControl(resultCode=53 (unwilling to perform)),
VirtualListViewResponseControl(targetPosition=0, contentCount=0, resultCode=0 (success))})

I'm wondering if there's a maximum limit to the number of users it will list and that's perhaps why the error response is returned. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

6 REPLIES 6

Yogesh.Chouk
AppDynamics Team

Hi Matt,

Could you please try to apply user filter  as: (&(objectclass=user)) and check if the test user query works.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Yogesh,

Unfortunately the same error appears when using the root as the base DN - it works ok if I scope in on a specific OU, though.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. As a side note, I have it set to paged at 500 per page which should be sufficient for our LDAP servers to respond to.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Could you please share screenshots of configuration of Ldap from Controller UI and the result of test connection, test user query and test group query.

Also, please attach the latest server logs for review.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

how did this issue get resolved. I am setting up LDAP and got same error too. 

Regs
Manoj
AppDynamics beginner

The LDAP integration by AppD is really bad. I would go with SAML intead. This works great.

Changing "Paging Type" to "Simple Paged Results" solved this for me.