cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller 20.6 Release - Agent config update change to mask URL detail

Timothy.Forward
Builder

Hi,

With regards to the upcoming 20.6 Controller release. Is there any documentation to specify where and what to add to the APM Agents when masking URL detail? I was under the impression this feature was being added to this particular release.

Many thanks,

Tim 

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Timothy.Forward,

Thanks for your community post. May I ask where you got this impression? A community post, blog post, AppD Rep? I'm just curious about the source if you can share.

I don't have an answer right now, but if I find any info on this, I will be sure to share it back on this post. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi Ryan,

It was mentioned by one of the AppD Consultants - that this feature was being introduced into this particular release. I couldn't see any documentation surrounding it, how to go about specifying the statements needed in the Agent Configs to make use of this facility. Any information you can provide will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

In fact not to worry Ryan as I've found a link describing the feature.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Filter+Sensitive+Data+with+the+.NET+Agent

Thanks for getting in touch though.

Regards

Tim