cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use regex in healthrule for custom metrics

gautam_kumar
Producer

Hi,

I have to upload ActiveMQ metrics on controller as custom metrics. I want to create a health rule for a metric using regex so that 1 health rule can be applied to hosts.

Example: This is a full path for my ActiveMQ metrics. myhostname1 and myhostname2 are 2 hosts. MyBrokename1 and MyBrokename2 are broker name.

Application Infrastructure Performance|app|Custom Metrics|ActiveMQ|myhostname1|Broker|MyBrokename1|Queue|poc.appdynamics.Queue|QueueSize

Application Infrastructure Performance|app|Custom Metrics|ActiveMQ|myhostname2|Broker|MyBrokename2|Queue|poc.appdynamics.Queue|QueueSize

I am looking for something like below where the hostname ad broker is a regular expression.

Application Infrastructure Performance|app|Custom Metrics|ActiveMQ|*|Broker|*|Queue|poc.appdynamics.Queue|QueueSize

Can someone help me to achieve this?

^ Edited by @Ryan.Paredez to improve grammar and readability. 

2 REPLIES 2

Pratik.Maskey
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hello,

Could you try creating the HR configuration after selecting Type as Node Health - Hardware .... and copy the full path of metric from metric browser. Trim till "custom metric" and use the metric path as per attached screenshot. 

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 2.03.00 pm (1).pngScreen Shot 2016-09-19 at 2.02.51 pm (1).png

Regards,

Pratik

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thanks It worked