Click the Start a free trial link to start a 15-day SaaS trial of our product and join our community as a trial user. If you are an existing customer do not start a free trial.
AppDynamics customers and established members should click the sign in button to authenticate.
We are getting an alert that a change was made on a dev server:
We are getting the alert:
appdynamics.agent.nodeName.from.javaagent=(ourserver name)-Flowtime (changed to) appdynamics.agent.nodeName.from.javaagent=(ourserver name)-FlowtimeREST
102210/25/2018 6:41:45 AMApplication.NET Runtime*(Our server)\svc_solarwinds
.NET Runtime version 4.0.30319.0 - The profiler has requested that the CLR instance not load the profiler into this process. Profiler CLSID: 'AppDynamics.AgentProfiler'. Process ID (decimal): 1828. Message ID: [0x2516].
Anyone understand what is occuring in the change from Flowtime to FlowtimeREST and why is it reporting as a Modification to the server?
Below is a copy of the email it generates that reports to us I have removed the server names and replaced with our server for security. Any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Solved! Go to Solution.
These messages are a bit confusing, because the configuration change relates to the Java agent, but the log snippet refers to the .NET agent.
Are both Java and .NET agents running on this machine?
From the look of the log snippet, you may be trying to apply both the AppDynamics .NET agent and the Solarwinds .NET agent to the same .NET process. The .NET platform allows only a single profiler to be applied to a process.
The Configuration change seems to indicate that the Node Name -D for the Java agents was changed.
Brian Wheeldon, Solution Engineer, NYC
Thanks for the response. I think we identified the issue. Perhaps you can shed some light on the issue with having both .net and agents on a box or at least verify our findings below? Or if there is a way to configure the agents with .Net more effectively?
Application Server environment variables changed
The first instance of this occurred on Wed Sep 26 10:16:42 PDT 2018 in the appdynamics Healthsourse Alerts.
After reviewing the issue and running it by Doug the issue appears to be that agents on the Flowtime and FlowtimeREST will not report correctly with .net running. So when dot net is functioning the agents will not report until .Net has a downtime at which time we see these error messages.
A quote from AppDynamics support: Which Doug already confirmed, but I wanted to be thorough:
“In AppDynamics you cannot monitor a server using a dotnet application unless you tie it to the application.
Instead you can use server monitoring agent and monitor the server independently.”
Below is a copy of the error and Servers that have repeatedly displayed
ALPPSEQWEBV02-FlowtimeREST ALPPSEQWEBV01-FlowtimeREST ALPPSEQWEBV03-FlowtimeREST ALPPSEQWEBV04-FlowtimeREST
ALPPSEQWEBV02-Flowtime ALPPSEQWEBV01-Flowtime ALPPSEQWEBV03-Flowtime ALPPSEQWEBV04-Flowtime