cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not a customer? Start a free trial

Click the Start a free trial link to start a 15-day SaaS trial of our product and join our community as a trial user. If you are an existing customer do not start a free trial.

AppDynamics customers and established members should click the sign in button to authenticate.

End User Monitoring (EUM)

Issues with AppDynamics Android Gradle Plugin 20.5.0 and 20.5.2

Yuriy.Lichman
Explorer

Note: This conversation was split off from this original conversation

Hi, I have updated appdynamics-gradle-plugin to the latest version (tried both 20.5.0 and 20.5.2) per this post.  I am using Gralde 6.1.1.  But I noticed a very similar stack trace as above:

> Task :xxx:transformClassesWithAppDynamicsForRelease
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
at com.appdynamics.repackaged.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.appdynamics.repackaged.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.appdynamics.android.bci.io.ClassStreamRewriter.getClassName(ClassStreamRewriter.java:101)
at com.appdynamics.android.bci.io.ClassStreamRewriter.readInput(ClassStreamRewriter.java:89)
at com.appdynamics.android.bci.io.JarFileRewriter.rewrite(JarFileRewriter.java:57)
at com.appdynamics.android.bci.io.JarFileRewriter.rewrite(JarFileRewriter.java:40)
at com.appdynamics.android.bci.Injector.instrumentJar(Injector.java:201)
at com.appdynamics.android.bci.Injector$instrumentJar$1.call(Unknown Source)

This only happens when building a release APK.  Furthermore, the build itself does not fail and the app loads successfully.  As far as I could tell App Dynamics library functions without issues.  But the stack trace above raises some concerns.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you!

^ Edited by @Ryan.Paredez I split this conversation off from an existing one(link can be found at the top of the conversation). 

By replying you agree to the Terms and Conditions of the AppDynamics Community.
0 REPLIES 0