cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP Request Template GET Method

Mehmet.Akin
Builder

Hello all,

I' m using appdynamics version 4.5.0. I create an HTTP Request Template by using GET method to send SMS for alerts. When I run test, it shows SUCCESS but I can not send SMS and I get the error below. DO you have any information about the reason?

Regards.

MY RAW URL :

http://sm.blablabla.com/API/GET/Sms?UserName=AppDynamicsSMS&Password=.....&JobId=8a281ad5...&Message... error&MobilePhone=${GSM}

ERROR:

Request Line: GET / HTTP/1.1
Request Headers:
Connection: Close
singularityheader: appId=5*ctrlguid=1536175319*acctguid=52beb4c2-dc82-11e7-8393-e99f6005f7c9*ts=1537509589204*btid=101*guid=6047c444-a21e-4892-8dc0-a1370b9f1f9d*exitguid=1*unresolvedexitid=2879*cidfrom=8*etypeorder=HTTP*esubtype=HTTP*cidto={[UNRESOLVED][2879]}
Host: sm.blablabla.com
User-Agent: Apache-HttpClient/4.5.5 (Java/1.8.0_162)
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate

Response Status Line: HTTP/1.1 302 Redirect
Response Headers:
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 05:59:49 GMT
Content-Length: 158
Connection: close
Response Payload:
                                <head><title>Document Moved</title></head>
<body><h1>Object Moved</h1>This document may be found <a HREF="http://sm.blablabla.com/ERROR.html">here</a></body>

Error Message:  

3 REPLIES 3

Hiren.Shah
Creator

Hi Mehmet

Are you using the predefined variables, namely $latestEvent.summaryMessage?

Hello Hiren,

Thank for the reply. As you said, I m using a parameter to get the application name (${latestEvent.application.name}) but I did controls for many times and have seen that the controller changes the URL by itself. It may be a cache problem about the version 4.5.0. I opened a ticket to our consultant and I will let you know when it' s solved.

Thank you.

I had a similar issue with my SMS setup a few months ago and whilst Support couldn't help me with it directly, they asked me to put the same tags into an email alert instead and see what was being displayed.

When I got the email, I found that a number of those variables have HTML tags like <b> </b> and that was breaking the payload's XML structure. I ended up using the rewrite function to strip them out.

Not sure if your issue is similar, but as Support suggested to me, try the same variables in an email to see exactly that is being passed through.

🙂