cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Assistance Resolving Error in AppDynamics Controller

steve.diaz
New Poster

Hello

I'm  facing an issue with my AppDynamics Controller where I'm not able to retrieve certain data metrics due to an internal server error. When I try  to access performance metrics for a specific application or tier, I encounter the following error message:

Internal Server Error: Unable to Retrieve Data Metrics

This error is causing our ability to effectively monitor and troubleshoot performance issues within our application. After reviewing the Controller logs and configuration settings, I haven't been able to pinpoint the exact cause of this issue.

To provide some info , we're running AppDynamics Controller version 4.10.3 on a Linux-based server environment. We have multiple applications and tiers instrumented, and this error seems to be there consistently across all of them.

Could someone with experience in the AppDynamics Controller offer help to  resolve this issue. 

Any suggestion can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and support!

Thank you

stevediaz

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @steve.diaz,

I'm going to look into the error you mentioned some more. You also seem to be running a VERY old version of AppDynamics. We are currently on 24.4. 

Can you update AppDynamics to a more modern version and see if you continue to have this problem?

https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/24.x/latest/en

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Cansel.OZCAN
Architect

Hi Steve,

Are you sure about your controller  version ?

I'm using this platform since 2012 but never heard the version (4.10.x) that you mention at your previous post .

Controller version before "Calendar Versioning" platform using;

4.2.x - 4.3.x - 4.4.x -4.5.x then with Calendar Versionin 20.x (sinsce 2020)

So can you please share your exact controller version (may be with screenshot can be more helpfull)

And also which version and framework of your core aPM agent that currently facing issue also

Thanks

Cansel

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @steve.diaz,

Your post has received a few replies. Please continue the conversation to get your questions answered or let us know if you found a solution already, if so, share it! 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.