cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not get the metrics in the manager for standalone .Net applications

saswin.d
New Poster

Hi Team/ @Ryan.Paredez 

I have tried Instrumenting  .Net standalone application with the help of the below reference link 

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO41/Instrument+Windows+Services+and+Standalone+Applications

I could load the profiler and was able to see the application under the "Tiers & Nodes" but was unable to get the transaction snapshots or metrics in the appdynamics controller.

I see the below error in the AgentLog.txt,

2022-02-10 08:41:24.0104 21836 AppDynamics.Coordinator 1 27 Error MachineAgentManager Metrics Error sending metrics - will requeue for later transmission Exception: com.appdynamics.ee.agent.commonservices.metricgeneration.metrics.MetricSendException: System.Exception: Failed to execute request to endpoint [https://****************.saas.appdynamics.com:443/controller/instance/76787/metrics_PB_]. For more details if needed please set trace level for logger [com.appdynamics.REST.RESTProtobufCommunicator] ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)
at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Note: I can get metrics for the .Net applications deployed in the IIS 

Please look into this issue and help us to resolve this.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @saswin.d,

Thanks for asking your question on the Community. That Documentation you linked to is very old. I don't know what version your Controller is on, but here is a newer version of that Document.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/22.2/en/application-monitoring/install-app-server-agents/net-agent/inst...

Note: In the upper right corner of the Docs page, you can adjust the documentation for the Controller version you are using. 

Please let me know if this helps you out.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi @Ryan.Paredez,

Thanks for the reply, I have checked with the version of the appdynamics agent which is the latest version(22.2).

I have followed the steps which have been mentioned in the document but still facing the same issue and couldn't find metrics in the manager as mentioned previously.

please look into this.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @saswin.d,

Thanks for letting me know. Let's see if the community can jump in and help. If you also happen to find a solution, please come back and share that info here.

Thanks,

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Hi Team/ @Ryan.Paredez 

Can you please any update on this.

Please look into this issue and help us to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @saswin.d

I understand you are looking for help to fix your issue. This community is a peer-to-peer community, where most questions are answered by other AppD Community Members. AppDynamics offers official lines of help via the Support area -  www.appdynamics.com/support 

Thanks,

Hina.Ayaaz
AppDynamics Team

Hi saswin.d,

Did you find any solution for this. We are also facing the same issue.

Thanks,

sai