Sample dashboard with key metrics for a Business Transaction (BT)
This sample dashboard provides key metrics for a Business Transaction, including:
- Response Time
- Errors, and Slow
- Very Slow
- and Stall count.
This dashboard is well suited to running as a scheduled report. Though the default time range is one day, that can be modified. A sample generated PDF is attached.
How do I use this sample dashboard?
To use this dashboard, edit the attached JSON file in a text editor.
- Replace "Homepage" with your target Business Transaction name (17 occurrences)
- Replace "SERVLET" with your target Business Transaction type (e.g., "WEB", "WEB_SERVICE", "ASP_DOTNET", etc.) (6 occurrences)
- Replace "ECommerce-Services" with the Tier that includes the target Business Transaction (24 occurrences)
- Replace "ECommerce" with your Application name (30 occurrences)
How do I install the modified dashboard?
Install the modified dashboard configuration on your Controller.
- Log in to your Controller UI (4.1 and higher).
- Navigate to the Custom Dashboards list screen.
- Import the JSON file.
- If there are any errors, rebind the metrics which correspond for your particular application. To do this, you edit each displayed widget in the dashboard, select your application and then confirm or select the metric for that display.
For detailed instructions for working with custom dashboard widgets, see Create and Manage Custom Dashboards and Templates.