cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Claudia.Landivar
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

When and how should I clear my browser history to improve Community performance?

Occasionally, you may experience issues like the inability to log into the Community, being unable to view content, or similar kinds of issues.

We've noticed that these accessibility issues often coincide with a platform update in the Community. The fix? Try clearing the cache and cookies from your browser history.

In this article...

What issues might I resolve by clearing my browser's cache and cookies?

After the AppDynamics Community platform gets a software update, you may find your experience improves if you clear the cache and cookies from your browser history. 

Some of the issues you may experience include:

• Login not working
  • Not able to view content or areas of the community that require specific permission

How do I clear the cache and cookies on different browsers?

Chrome

The simple steps for clearing cache and cookies on Chrome are identical for both Apple and Windows operating systems. See the instructions on Google’s official Support page.

Edge

On the Edge browser, to clear cache and cookies on the Windows operating system, see Microsoft Edge | View and delete browser history.

Firefox

The steps for clearing cache and cookies on Firefox are nearly identical for macOS and Windows, with slight differences to accommodate different labels in those operating systems. See the instructions for each on Firefox’ Support pages:

Safari

See the simple instructions clearing cache and cookies on Safari on Apple’s official Support page. You will be able to choose the timeframe for which you’d like to clear the browser history.

Still experiencing problems?

If you continue to see problems with your experience, please reach out to your Community Managers, @Ryan.Paredez or @Claudia.Landivar.  

Version history
Last update:
‎03-20-2023 09:45 AM
Updated by:
Contributors