cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux- Oracle Database agent is not displaying hardware metrics

Hi All,

I am new to AppD. I recently deployed a DB agent for the oracle database running in a Linux machine. I am able to see the DB metrics, however, I am not able to see the hardware metrics. I have enabled the hardware monitoring in the collector as well. ( I have seen in the documentation that for Oracle by default it will show the hardware metrics).

Even in the metric also not able to see the details. Can you please suggest what I am missing?

KannapandianRajeswaran_0-1669127996602.png

KannapandianRajeswaran_1-1669128034349.png

5 REPLIES 5

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Kannapandian.Rajeswaran,

You can collect and review the DB logs to see if you can uncover what the issue might be https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/22.x/latest/en/database-visibility/administer-the-database-agent/c...

While we don't recommend sharing logs on community, if you do, please be sure to scrub the data to remove any sensitive information, such as IP addresses, Controller name/URL, Usernames and passwords.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Sure Thanks Ryan. Will check the logs and update you. Also the points mentioned are taken.

Hi Ryan, I have asked admin to do the debug change. Is there any way we can get the DB log details from the controller itself?

Hi< How to get /download DB logs from SaaS controller itself? I don't have access to servers where DB agent is running.

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Kannapandian.Rajeswaran,

I'm, unfortunately, not sure. You can check out our AppD Documentation.

If you need more help, you can also try contacting AppD Support. How do I submit a Support ticket? An FAQ

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.