cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Machine Agent error

Amit.Bisht
Builder

Hello Team,

We have installed machine agent. But agent metrics are not being populated at controller. I can see the agent at controller GUI, it's status showing 100%.   Apart from that noting is being reported. Below is error I saw in agent log file.

[AD Thread Pool-Global0] 28 Feb 2024 15:11:34,385  WARN SystemAgentPollingForUpdate - Invalid response for configuration request from controller/could not connect. Msg: Fatal transport error while connecting to URL [/controller/instance/2698/systemagentpolling]

Below are the appd parameters were being used:->

system_props="$system_props -Dappdynamics.controller.hostName="
system_props="$system_props -Dappdynamics.controller.port=8181"
system_props="$system_props -Dappdynamics.agent.applicationName="
system_props="$system_props -Dappdynamics.agent.tierName=MCAG"
system_props="$system_props -Dappdynamics.agent.nodeName="
system_props="$system_props -Dappdynamics.agent.accountName=customer1"
system_props="$system_props -Dappdynamics.agent.accountAccessKey="
system_props="$system_props -Dappdynamics.controller.ssl.enabled=true"
system_props="$system_props -Dappdynamics.force.default.ssl.certificate.validation=true"
system_props="$system_props -Dappdynamics.sim.enabled=true"
system_props="$system_props -Dappdynamics.machine.agent.extensions.linux.newFrameworkEnabled=false"
system_props="$system_props -Dappdynamics.agent.uniqueHostId=`hostname -f`"
system_props="$system_props -Dappdynamics.machine.agent.extensions.calcVolumeFreeAndUsedWithDfCommand=true"

AmitBisht_0-1709200960877.png

Regards,

Amit Singh Bisht

5 REPLIES 5

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Amit.Bisht,

I found an older post that has the same error you did. It may not be fully relevant, but I wanted to share it just in case it helps direct you in the right direction. 

https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Java-Java-Agent-Installation-JVM/Machine-Agent-Bundle-64-bit-no...

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for the update.  I have gone thought your suggestion but in our case the SIM is already enabled.

system_props="$system_props -Dappdynamics.sim.enabled=true"

Regards,

Amit Singh Bisht

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Amit.Bisht,

Thanks for letting me know. If the Community does not chime in, you can always contact AppD Support.

How do I submit a Support ticket? An FAQ 

Thanks,

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Hi Amit,

I'm not sure about the issue, but I suggest trying to reinstall with the latest agent version. Also, check the connectivity and SSL certification if required. Make sure that the hostname is correctly set in the server section to ensure all metrics are present.

Best Regards
Ranjit Kumar Kar

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Amit.Bisht,

I know it's been a while since you asked your question. I wanted to followup to see if you found a solution or if you had a chance to look at @Ranjith.Kumarkar reply and perhaps that helped. 

Thanks,