cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database agent Installation

Hello,

The reason for my question is that I cannot install the database agent, when I run the following command I get no response:

§ nohup java -Dappdynamics.agent.maxMetrics=300000 -Ddbagent.name=DBMon-Lab-Agent -jar db-agent.jar &
attached is screen shot.

FarzanehDehghani_1-1649158550873.png

Thanks for the help!

4 REPLIES 4

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi Farzaneh

The command you are using, does not install the db agent as a service, that will start it when you reboot the machine or can be started/stopped by using linux commands.

The below nohup command, is just a manual way of starting the db agent, however as soon as the server is rebooted etc. The db agent service will not automatically start again.

What you see below is correct, it has started the db agent process in the background, and it's process id is - 31524, you can run a ps aux | grep agent command which should show you that process is running, and you will find that there is a nohup.out log file for the process.

If you want to install the db agent as a service instead of manually starting it as in your post you can refer to the documentation

https://docs.appdynamics.com/22.4/en/database-visibility/administer-the-database-agent/start-and-sto...

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

Hello Mario,

Thanks for your answer. Indeed I have to install the Machine agent and not bd Agent.
I have already installed the Machine agent but I can't start it. I need the command to start the machine agent in Centos.

Thanks for your Help!

^ Post edited by @Ryan.Paredez for formatting

Hi @Farzaneh.Dehghani,

Here is an existing post that has a solution about starting up a Machine Agent in CentOS

https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Java-Java-Agent-Installation-JVM/Error-when-starting-machine-ag...

Please review it and let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi @Farzaneh.Dehghani,

Thank you @Mario.Morelli  for helping out and thanks @Farzaneh.Dehghani for confirming the Accepted Solution. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.