cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppDynamics RUM

Aya.samir
Wanderer

Hello,

I was wondering if AppDynamics RUM can be installed on premises or it is a SaaS Cloud based ??

and when we monitor Real Users, could we capture the users IPs ??

8 REPLIES 8

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi Aya

Appdynamics browser End user monitoring is a javascript-based agent that can either be hosted within your customer's environment(On-Prem) and it's loaded within the web pages you will be monitoring. You can also specify that the web page can pull the Javascript agent from the AppDynamics Cloud CDN.

The data it collects is sent to wherever you have the AppDynamics Controller hosted, On-Premise or SaaS.

Regarding IP's, yes within AppDynamics there is a setting that enables collecting the IP Address of the Users.

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

Hello,

Can the AppDynamic itself be installed on prem, right??

we don't want to use cloud at all.

the AppDynamics itself and the agents of Rum

so, could you please refer the installation link of AppDynamics 

I can only make an account on cloud 

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi Aya

You can install AppDynamics On-Premise. You need to contact your Cisco AppDynamics Account Manager , to provide you with the details around doing this. Not sure if you have purchased AppDynamics Already or are you looking at getting a trial license?

Either way, get in touch with Cisco AppDynamics to assist you with this

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Aya.samir,

If you aren't in touch with anyone yet at Cisco AppDynamics, you can use this form here: https://www.appdynamics.com/company/contact-us

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi Mario & Ryan,

Thank you for your assistance,

I Have Tried to contact AppDynamics Team By mail or through the form But I didn't get a response yet.

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Aya.samir,

It may take a few days. Just to be clear, you want to talk to someone about on-prem yeah?

Thanks,

Yes, That's True.

We need a demo about the product and assistance in on-prem implementation.

we have Tried to install the product on prem but we have an issue and everything in the console need license!

So, we need a demo with customer support to make sure that is the right product to our environment before purchase.

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Aya.samir,

Thanks for confirming. I've reached out to a few people to see if I can get someone to follow up with you. I'll let you know if I have any other questions. 

Thanks,