cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move custom business transactions from one application to another application

Jagan.Rajendran
Creator

I have created a custom business transaction in one of my applications. Now I want to move those business transactions to another application (both are the same code base but different environment). I tried the application import/export option but I have to do lots of changes.

Is there any other way to move the custom business transactions?

3 REPLIES 3

Hiroki.Ito
AppDynamics Team

Thank you for posting to the community.
I think you are trying to move transaction detection rules from an application to another one.

You can use "Export Transaction Detection Rules" API and "Import Transaction Detection Rules" API to do so.

If you are trying to move business transaction data instead of configuration, it may not be possible.

Best Regards,
Hiroki

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

We are using an earlier version of AppDynamics, where the config exporter is still supported. Moving all custom configs is basically very easy with this tool.

The functionality of the config exporter really needs to be brought back, in fact it is one of the things that may delay us moving to a SaaS solution

Hi @Fraser.Davidson,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. If you'd like to see a feature come back or suggest a change, you can share your thoughts on the Community Idea Exchange.

This link takes you to the search results for "Config exporter" if you see your idea already exists, please give it a vote and comment to share your thoughts. 

If you don't see the idea, please create it and share the link back here. Please read the  before posting.

Note: the Idea Exchange can only be accessed by AppD customers (not trial or lite versions)

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.