cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to ingest metrics in AppsDynamics?

Carlos.Ortega
Producer

Hi,

We would like to ingest some metrics from a third party to AppsDynamics. I would like to know if it is possible. I was thinking about the API but I have seen that we can't do it based on the oficial information - Ingesting Events is the unique posibility to ingest something.

Thanks,

Carlos

3 REPLIES 3

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi Carlos

The way to ingest Metrics into AppD , would be to use the HTTP Listener functionality - https://docs.appdynamics.com/22.6/en/infrastructure-visibility/machine-agent/extensions-and-custom-m...

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

Carlos.Ortega
Producer

Thanks Mario. if we use a machine agent to ingest Metrics, Are these metrics going to be related to the tier that the node is a member of?.

Can i add a metric related to a third party without having any relation to that machine agent?

thanks

Hi Carlos

You can send any metrics, independent of the relationship to the machine agent via the HTTP listener and create a metric structure which suits your needs.

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A