cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with Splunk

Has anyone integrated with Splunk from the controller and used extra parameters?  I have tried adding index=* as a parameter, but when Splunk query page opens the extra parameter is not part of the search string.

7 REPLIES 7

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Marcie.Sirbaugh,

Thanks for asking your question on the Community. While I did not see anything specific in our AppD Documentation about extra parameters, I'd like to share it in case you find something valuable in it.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/22.5/en/extend-appdynamics/integration-modules/integrate-appdynamics-wi...

Here is also a link to Splunk's Documentation: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk

Please do let me know if you find anything helpful.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Ended up getting this to work as query parameter:

q=%20(index=*)

Hi @Marcie.Sirbaugh,

Thanks for following up and sharing your solution!

Thanks,

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Hello Mercie, 

We also have both tools. I would love to know how this Splunk can be integrated with AppD also. please share any helpful links/ docs. I would like to understand the initial process if you can share anything that would be very helpful. Thanks!

Hi @Muhammad.Chaudhry,

Please see my first reply. I linked to an AppD Docs page and a Splunk one. 

Thanks,

Chris.Charlebois
Producer

Unfortunately, this integration is useless in a large organization that has a huge splunk and Appd footprint. If there was a way pass AppDynamics variables/tokens in the query string, it would be helpful. Something like, node name, app name, etc. This would provide the ability to further refine the query to specific data elements. Right now, it only has one URL and Parms that is common for ALL AppD apps. 

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Chris.Charlebois,

We have an Idea Exchange on the Community. Here are the search results for anyone mentioning Splunk - feel free to check it out and give your vote to any of the ideas that match your request. 

If you don't see one, feel free to create your own! You can check out the  here for more info.

Thanks,