cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we turn off the message stating there are "disconnected backend db servers"?

Hi folks,

We recently upgraded our controllers to 20.4, and a new feature we are seeing is a persistent message on the flow map page stating we have "disconnected backend database servers".  While we can turn it off for that session, once we reconnect, the message is back.  The message is confusing our users and frankly, a little annoying to have to "x" it off each time we access the flow map page.  Can we turn this off, or disable it in some way.  Thanks!

The Controller releases occur every six weeks. This page lists the SaaS and on-premises Controller enhancements included in the 20.4 release....

Database Monitoring

• The controller provides the following visual context for the backend database on the flow map:
    • The database icon with green mark shows that the status of the database is healthy. If there are any health rule violations, the icon changes accordingly.  
    • If there are any disconnected backend database servers, a message is displayed to connect to the appropriate server or cluster in Database Visibility.
12 REPLIES 12

Thank you, Ryan.

Mark.Byrne
Architect

Hi Blaine,

We've raised a support request for this, and have had acknowledgement that the UI team are looking at a better way of doing this.

Mark

Thanks Mark.

Hi everyone,

This should be fixed in 20.4.3+ builds. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Thank you Ryan!  That's good news.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

From the controller version 20.4 or 20.6 (not sure), there is an annoying message appearing each time I navigate to application dashboard i.e. app flow map. If there is just one database I am not monitoring with our agent, the message will show up and I have to close the message every single time. The message is along these lines:

"3 unconnected backends...

Connect backends to Database Visibility to track health status. Connect or learn more"

I am wondering why AppDynamics introduced this - it is weird and frustrating. Is there a way to turn this off? Versions 4.5.x did not have this and it was much better. If I would have DB agents of course I would connect the databases.

Hi @Anonymous,

I was told the issue should NOT be visible in 20.6 and it is recommended to upgrade to that version. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi Bojan,

I can confirm that it doesn't show anymore with the 20.6 version - we received the SaaS upgrade last week.

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably it depends on what 20.6.x version it is... Right now our customer is on 20.6.0-2184 and it does show. Each time I pick the app dashboard menu. But I have received a notice about a Thursday upgrade to the newest version - maybe this will fix it. Can you tell me what is the version you are using, please?