cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friendship Correlation to be decommissioned ?

Vaibhav Vir.Singh
Architect

Team,

I came to know that federated friendship feature where controller cross app correlation works is going to be decommissioned in future releases?

If that is the case - i think this is one of the very good feature and should not be decommissioned. Not sure on what basis this has been decided.

Please loop the product manager and let them hear our voice of not decommissioning this.

Referring this: https://www.appdynamics.com/blog/product/cross-controller-federation-ensuring-application-visibility...

Appreciate help and response.

P.S.: Just wanted to make sure that product team knows the importance of functionalities that users are using. Like not sure why "Compare Releases" feature was decommissioned without any user feedback which was really handy and helpful.

Regards,

VVS

5 REPLIES 5

Vaibhav Vir.Singh
Architect
@Ryan.Paredez : looks like you are the community manager.
Could you please share this with the right folks who are making such decisions?
Appreciate your help.

Hi @Vaibhav Vir.Singh,

Thank you for sharing this feedback. I will pass this along for you. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hello Ryan\Community Manager,

Did you get a chance to talk to product team regarding this? I see even documentation has been removed.

Not sure who's deciding these feature decommissioning without knowing the user feedback or feature telemetry\usage.

Regards,

VVS

Hi Vaibhav,

I totally agree with you both your comments about AppD Federation & Release Compare feature decommission without any feedback. These were very useful features!!

Is there any fresh news on this article?

Thanks

Cansel

Hi @Cansel.OZCAN,

Thanks for expressing your interest in this. Right now, there is nothing new to report. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.