cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Service as Systemd Service => improvement suggestions

Ralf.Dondl
Adventurer

I created a Systemd Service for the Event Service. That the Event Service is there if I start the Machine!

It works, but I need some suggestions for improvement

sudo vi appd-controller-eventservice.service

And put the following content in it.

[Unit]

Description=AppDynamics Controller Eventservice start

Requires=appd-controller.service

[Service]

User=root

Group=root

Type=forking

WorkingDirectory=/opt/appdynamics/platform/product/controller

ExecStart=/opt/appdynamics/platform/product/events-service/processor/bin/events-service.sh start -f -p /opt/appdynamics/platform/product/events-service/processor/conf/events-service-api-store.properties

ExecStop=

RestartSec=15

Restart=always

TimeoutSec=9000

[Install]

WantedBy=multi-user.target

systemctl enable appd-controller-eventservice.service

If i run the Command 

/opt/appdynamics/platform/product/events-service/processor/bin/events-service.sh start -f -p /opt/appdynamics/platform/product/events-service/processor/conf/events-service-api-store.properties

On the Commandline  I get an  output of the running process and somewhere the event service are up and running  but  i do not get a next prompt. That mean the output of the running process do not end. It always shows the output, even if the Service are running.  

My question now is

Is there a better way to start the event Service from the prompt?  => That end in a new Commandline Prompt.

Or is there an option in the Service file?  That end the output of the event service and show the Commandline 

I have build other Service Files for a Systemd Service i can  handle all with stop and start. Because the command run and at the end it gives me a new Commandline Prompt.

I need some hint for the bolt questions above.

If you have some questions that we handle it together give it a try. Thank

0 REPLIES 0