cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Application

Eshwar.Katakam
Creator

Hi,

We have some external web services will need to configure those web services to app dynamics and need to monitor those web services(ASP.net) in app dynamics can i know how to configure those web services to app dynamics as application what details required?

and how to set business transactions of those web services

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Cody.Naumann
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi @Eshwar.Katakam,

The documentation here: https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO42/Configure+.NET+Monitoring -- will give you a good overview of how to go about configuring .NET monitoring.

Thanks,

Cody

Thanks for the reply so i need to know how to configure App Dynamics application like the previous link shows how to detect the .net business transaction stuff like that so i need to create one separate app dynamics application for some web services we have can u please help me out 

thanks

Hi,

So you have appdynamics agent installed, running and reporting to controller?

If so, you want to separate out web services into different applications?

Thanks,

Gurmit.

So I need to install/configure external web API s to Appdynamics as a separate application. Need to monitor those web services in App Dynamics 

Thanks

Raunak.Mohanty
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Katakam,

If by external web services you are talking third party web services (not hosted in your environment and access to the physical server is not possible) then you cannot instrument them as BTs using .Net Agent. If your application ( where .Net Agent is installed) is making calls to these external services then you should be able to see them at Remote Services section.

Thanks,

Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.