cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create custom jmx metrics for weblogic

Srinivasan.Krishnan
Adventurer

Hello, I have a application running under weblogic. The application runs on multiple servers.

i would like to create custom jmx metrics to report on health of  jdbc pools used by application and also another metric to report health of managed server under weblogic across all servers.

i created a jmx metric following the help doc. But it doesn't show up in metric browser.

please help

4 REPLIES 4

Saradhi.Potharaju
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Srinivasan,

Could you please check using jconsole Mbean browser if the mbean objects that you are trying to monitor, exist or not? Could you plese share screenshots of the jconsole Mbean browser and how these are configured in the controller UI?

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO42/Configure+JMX+Metrics+from+MBeans  

Regards,

Saradhi

Srinivasan.Krishnan
Adventurer

Attached is the screen shot ot JDBCSystemResource mbean under a tier and under a node.

This mbean EcqsQueryEDW is a jdbc resource created under weblogic for a managed server called EcQuery.

We would like to track the health of this jdbc resource as a metric to verify if this DB resource is healthy or not at runtime/

please show us how to create this mbean as a JMX metric at a tier level

Vijay.Venkatarajulu
AppDynamics Team

Hi,

Can you please check if your JMX metrics have been exposed in jconsole. If yes, and if the target mbean is shown on MBean browser in appdynamics, please check if the desired mbean has an integer attribute. Then you can select it and create a custom metric based on it. 

Please use the docs provided by Saradhi to set the custom metric.

Thanks,
Viju

madisonquinn19
Wanderer

Hello,

Introscope Support for WebLogic JMX Metrics

WebLogic provides the following MBeans as sources of JMX metrics:

• RuntimeServiceMBean: per-server runtime metrics, including active effective configuration
  • DomainRuntimeServiceMBean: domain-wide runtime metrics
  • EditServiceMBean: allows user to edit persistent configuration

Thanks.

MadisonQuinn