cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Claudia.Landivar
Community Manager

What notification settings are there, and where do I view and manage my own settings?

In Subscriptions & Notifications, under the Notification Settings tab, you will see the complete list of general settings and automated notifications. 

You can edit the general notification settings as well as delivery frequency for each type of automated email notification. Until you make changes here, you’ll see the default notification settings.

In this article…

How do I view and manage my notification settings?

1. Click the profile icon on the top right of the navigation bar, then click Subscriptions on the drop-down menu. This will take you to the Subscriptions and Notifications tab.

2. Click the Notification Settings page.

3. Make changes and click Save. 
    CHANGE YOUR MIND? Click Reset to restore to the default settings. 

Settings options and default settings

The following lists show an overview of general and email notification settings, including default positions and all options for each setting. You can restore the default settings for your individual profile at any time.

General notifications settings list

GENERAL NOTIFICATION SETTINGS DEFAULT SETTING SETTINGS OPTIONS

Turn off all push notifications
When turned on, no push notifications (email, or real-time pop-up messages) will be sent to you, but notifications will still appear in your Notification feed under the bell icon.

Off On/Off
Turn off all email notifications
When turned on, no email notifications will be sent to you, but notifications will still appear in your Notification feed under the bell icon.
Off On/Off
Turn off all real-time pop-up notifications
When turned on, no real-time pop-up messages will be sent to you, but notifications will still appear in your Notification feed under the bell icon.
Off On/Off
Turn off all mobile notifications
When turned on, no mobile will be sent to you, but notifications will still appear in your Notification feed under the bell icon.
Off On/Off
Ignore posts and reviews that I’ve already read On On/Off
Notify me when I post, reply, submit a review, or comment Off On/Off
Automatically subscribe me to all topics or reviews I participate in On On/Off
Automatically subscribe me to all group hugs I join
Turn this setting on when you want activity notifications for groups, such as University, or the Welcome Center. Activity includes new messages, new replies or comments, and messages
Off On/Off
For my forum subscriptions, notify me for... All posts • All posts
• Only the first post in a topic

Email notification settings list

These settings govern the frequency of automated email notifications you receive. These notifications typically contain useful links, in addition to the message. 

EMAIL NOTIFICATION FREQUENCY SETTINGS DEFAULT SETTING SETTINGS OPTIONS
New topics or articles posted in boards I subscribe to
New replies posted to content I subscribe to
Responses to other replies I subscribe to
Content using a label I subscribe to
Content using a product I subscribe to
Posts I'm @-mentioned in
Badges I earn
Immediately
  • Never
  • Immediately
  • In a daily digest
  • In a weekly digest
Accepted solutions to topics or questions I subscribe to On

Edits to published knowledge base articles and topics in areas I subscribe to (as opposed to individual post subscriptions).

NOTE | If you subscribe to an entire board or knowledge base, you will be notified of changes to any content within that space. Otherwise, you'll only receive notifications to the articles you're subscribed to.

Never
  • Never
  • For all but minor edits
  • For all edits, including minor ones
Edits to unpublished drafts in knowledge bases I subscribe to  Never
Article review requests in knowledge bases I subscribe to On On/Off
Article publication requests in knowledge bases I subscribe to
Off On/Off

Additional resources

Version history
Last update:
‎05-23-2023 08:16 PM