cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

What are ways to make my user profile work for me?

Because the AppD Community uses single sign-on (SSO) for user authentication, you don’t need to set up a Community account when joining. You can personalize your profile, though, to get the most out of available features. Settings include language, time, avatar, and bio— to name a few.

Other Community members can also see a view of your profile page, showing your recent activity and engagement stats (but not everything on your profile). 

In this article…

RyanParedez_0-1678254497715.jpeg

What is my profile, and what can I see, view, and do with it?

Your profile page shows information like your Recent Notifications, Community activity, and engagement statistics since your registration date. Access your profile page by clicking your avatar on the top right navigation. 

Your profile page view shows:

PROFILE PAGE INFORMATION TYPES

Drafts  
Find your draft content listed here

About me 
Short content you can add to your profile

Discussion Feed 

TIP | Using the drop-down menu to the right of the page title, you can filter this feed of Forum content by: 

• Topics I’ve participated in
  • My latest contributions
  • My archived contributions

Kudos from 
Kudos other members gave you

Kudos to 
Kudos you gave to other members

Latest Activity 
A complete list of all of your Community engagement, including posts, and kudos given and received.

Community Stats | Both general and specific statistics about your engagement in the Community.

NOTE | Other members can only see your registration date, date you last visited, total messages posted, and total kudos received. Only Administrators can see your profile email address.

What can other members see on my profile page?

Other members can also see a view of your profile page, limited to the following:

• Discussion feed
  • Latest Activity feed
  • Kudos
  • Minimal statistics: your registration date, date you last visited, total messages posted, and total kudos received

Only Administrators can see your profile email address.

How do I update and personalize my profile?

You can change language, timezone, and other professional and personal settings. Including personal information is optional. But, you may find it helps inspire greater connections as you contribute in Community. Do what's right for you! 

How do I adjust my profile settings?

1. To customize your profile settings click the avatar icon in the top right navigation bar, then click My settings.

2. By default, you’ll land on the Personal Information tab where you can add professional information about yourself, like a post signature, title, location, or Bio.

3. If you want to add a personal signature, you can compose it using simple HTML. Paste your finished code into the Signature field.

4. Want an “About” message to show on your profile page? Add the content in the Biography field.

5. When you’re finished, click Save.

To access your Personal Information settings click the avatar icon, then My SettingsTo access your Personal Information settings click the avatar icon, then My Settings

Additional Resources

Version history
Last update:
‎06-15-2023 05:28 PM
Updated by: