cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easily obtain agent logs

Adam.Smye-Rumsby
AppDynamics Team

Occasionally you'll want to review agent logs, perhaps to troubleshoot an agent that is experiencing connectivity issues.  Rather than having to e.g. login to a VPN and ssh to the host/VM where the agent is running, you can download the logs right from the AppDynamics UI. 

Navigate to the relevant Node detail page and select 'Agents'.  Scroll to the Agent Operations section and click 'Request Agent Log Files':

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 4.40.53 PM.png

The agent log files will be automatically zipped for convenience.  When ready for download, simply click the disk icon to download via your browser:

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 4.49.08 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2

Gagan.Acharya
Discoverer

Thanks Adam,

Sometimes the agent download getting stuck with "In-Progress" for users. Any idea what might be causing that?

Hi,

Sorry to hear that.  There could be a few different things going on to prevent the logs from being accessible.  I'd check the size of agent logs that have been requested--very large log files or a log directory containing many log files can be too large to transfer successfully. 

I'd also check the user requesting agent log files has the Agent Advanced Operation permission as described in: https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/22.x/latest/en/application-monitoring/administer-app-server-agents....

If none of the above help, it may be necessary to increase the timeout period for the request.  I recommend contacting AppDynamics Support for assistance with this task.