cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get "login failed" when I Launch AppDynamics

Doug.Paice
New Poster

Hi,

I can successfully log in to my account overview, however from there, when I click "Launch AppDynamics" (see image) I get taken to another login screen and I can't get further

takes me here

Looking through the forum I saw a ppst that said to go to  https://help.appdynamics.com/support but if I try that I get:

DougPaice_2-1651807323868.png

I tried resetting my password with "forgot password" but it didn't work. I got no email.

Looking at the debug console in chrome I see the request with this response:

Any help would be appreciated

Regards,

Doug

^ Post edited by @Ryan.Paredez to remove images that show the Controller name and URL. For security and privacy reasons, please do not share your Controller URL on the community forum.

4 REPLIES 4

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Doug.Paice,

I'm on it! I'm going to share this with the Accounts team. I also wanted to let you know I removed most of the images you shared about for Privacy and Security reasons. As a note for the future, be sure to scrub out any sensitive info, such as your Controller URL from images or logs.

In the meantime, I also wanted to share this Article with you about why you got the Access Denied when trying to submit a Suppor ticket. https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-submit-a-Support-ticket-An-FAQ/ta-p/289...

[For internal use: L4A-19638]

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi @Doug.Paice,

You should have received a password reset email. Please use that email to reset your password. Please let me know if you are able to log in successfully.

Thanks,

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Thanks, I'm in now.

One thing that is a little odd: I tried to use my existing password, but the reset failed saying "you can't use the existing password" which I haven't seen before.

It wasn't a problem, I use a password manager so I just got it to create a new random one and it was fine.

Thanks again,

Doug

Hi @Doug.Paice,

Thanks for confirming you got access. I will share that feedback with the Accounts team.

Thanks,