News and Announcements

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity in Diversity in Kubernetes [Cloud Native Computing Foundation]

Community Manager

Unity in Diversity in Kubernetes [Cloud Native Computing Foundation]

@Radhika.Puthiyetath  Radhika Puthiyetath is crafting information experience for the Business IQ product lines at AppDynamics (part of Cisco). Radhika was the Release Notes Lead for the Kubernetes 1.8 Release. Prior to Kubernetes, she had actively been involved in Apache Software Foundation, GNOME, and OpenSUSE.

The term “Unity in Diversity” refers to the state of oneness despite the presence of Diversity of all kinds. The oneness ensures the presence of, participation by, and respect for people of different interests, backgrounds, and experience. An empathetic and diverse community fosters inclusiveness. Open Source (OS) communities in general uphold their commitment to this philosophy. Talking of OS communities, Kubernetes is probably the second largest of all times, in terms of code contribution and participation. Contributors belong to different organizations with diverse interests, dabbling in different languages, focusing on different components, coexisting in harmony and contributing to a common goal–Kubernetes. Reflecting its sheer size and impact, the Kubernetes community went many steps further at championing Diversity and Inclusion in almost all aspects of community ecosystem. Read more... 

Highlighted
Employee Alumni (Retired)

Re: Unity in Diversity in Kubernetes [Cloud Native Computing Foundation]

Thank you for the post, Jeanie :-)

If you would love to know more about my exciting Open Source Journey,  please see https://yourstory.com/2014/07/techie-tuesdays-radhika-nair/

Sorry for this shameless self promotion - all for the love of Open Source. I am open for F-F guidance if you have any question pertaining to contributing to Apache Software Foundation projects, Kubernetes, or GNOME.

Thanks,
Radhika P

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.