cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mmc.exe .NET Runtime version 4.0.30319.0 - The profiler has requested that the CLR instance not load

Isolde.Smit
Discoverer

Hi,

Hope you can help, I get the following error when I try to install the AppDynamics ExtensionManager I get the following error:

.NET Runtime version 4.0.30319.0 - The profiler has requested that the CLR instance not load the profiler into this process. Profiler CLSID: 'AppDynamics.AgentProfiler'. Process ID (decimal): 6196. Message ID: [0x2516].

Hope you will be able to assist - it seems like the mcc.exe is stopping the install but I have no Idea how to fix it.

Regards

Isolde

4 REPLIES 4

Raunak.Mohanty
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi,

This message from event viewer has no relation to Extension Manager not getting installed. Can you send us a screenshot of the actual error screen?

Most likely you are getting error like "Unable to install extension Service". If yes then all you need is to right click on the executable and unblock it (refer attached screenshot) 

Thanks,

Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

ashutosh.tripathi
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi,

Following message will be logged by .Net runtime when it sees a process not to be instrumented by profiler.

NET Runtime version 4.0.30319.0 - The profiler has requested that the CLR instance not load the profiler into this process. Profiler CLSID: 'AppDynamics.AgentProfiler'. Process ID (decimal): 6196. Message ID: [0x2516].

This message is harmless and you can safely ignore it.

Please let us know if you are facing any issue with .Net agent where an instrumeneted application is facing some issue.

Regards,

Ashutosh

I have run it on my local pc win 10 with compatibality mode and it worked. I tried it on the server and it does not work.

I had a look in the registry and the Profiler core is IEJScript