cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS Agent incompatibility with Alamofire

Hi all,

I noticed a problem with last version of your iOS agent framework (2023.1.0). There is an incompatibility with Alamofire that cause a runtime crash during a network request.

I had to downgrade to version 2022.5.0 to solve the problem.

11 REPLIES 11

Shaiju.Melarkod Kalathil
AppDynamics Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback .We are generally considered incompatible with Alamofire and other direct competitors to use, in particular those that report crashes.

Hi Shaiju, thank you for your reply. In this link, Alamofire is indicated as a supported HTTP library.

Thank you for sharing the reference to supported libraries .Our engineering team is looking into this issue,meanwhile i would recommend  continue using version 2022.5.0 to solve the problem.

Hi Shaiju, when your engineering team will fix this bug?

Shaiju.Melarkod Kalathil
AppDynamics Team

This is currently being investigated to evaluate the alamofire incompatibility for versions succeeding 2022.5.0. 

Recommend  continue using version 2022.5.0 to solve the problem.

Hi Shaiju, thank you for your answer.

Does this mean that support for version 2022.5.0 will not be actually ended until this issue will be fixed?

According to the https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/23.x/latest/en/product-and-release-announcements/maintenance-suppo...
, support for version 2022.5.0 was ended on June 23, 2023.

Shaiju.Melarkod Kalathil
AppDynamics Team

Unfortunately End of Maintenance and Support for version 2022.5.0 was ended on June 23, 2023. 

Does this mean that installation of AppDynamicsAgent via cocoapods will be unavailable for version 2022.5.0 soon?

Shaiju.Melarkod Kalathil
AppDynamics Team

We will get back to you with more details as the issue is being currently investigated .