cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for .net core 3.0

Nick.Giunta
Creator

With the official release of .net core 3.0 at the end of September, how long till AppDynamics agent will work properly with the new version?

9 REPLIES 9

Alex.Fedotyev
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Nick,

Team has been working on .NET Core 3.0 for the last several months.

Most of the agent features are working already, just a couple of items still in progress.

Stay tuned, I plan to update field once we are close to official GA!

Are you interested in using .NET Core 3.0 on Linux or Windows OS or both?

-Alex

Hi Alex, thanks for the quick reply!  I am only running on windows servers at this point.  I recently tried dotNetAgentSetup64-4.5.1.2672 but didn't have any luck with that version.

Alex.Fedotyev

That makes sense.

It won't work using current agents, but we already know what needs to be fixed.

has there been a release date announced for when the new agent will be released to support core 3.0?

Any update on this?

Our developers are starting to use .Net Core 3.0 now for a new project that will be released in a couple of months, can we assume that AppD will support 3.0 in December? (Would of course want it sooner if possible so they can use it during development) 

Alex.Fedotyev

We have just released .NET Core 3.0 support on Linux last week, agent version 4.5.16.1.

Working on final steps to extend it to Windows very soon.

Unfortunately I am not allowed to share public date, but the work is in the final stages.

-Alex

Thank you for the clarification, the recent blog post ( https://www.appdynamics.com/blog/product/observability-azure-app-services/ ) made it sound like support was already out for Windows as well, even though not mentioned in the release notes and I have told the developers to go ahead and try it, but now we will wait for the actual release 😀

Thanks for the response @Alex.Fedotyev , glad to hear things are moving along.  Unforunately i am running on a windows box so the linux doesn't quite get me what i need.  Will you be updating this thread with when windows update comes out?

Alex.Fedotyev

Support for .NET Core 3.0 on Windows is now GA included with .NET Agent 4.5.17!

Sorry for delay, it took a little longer than anticipated.

-Alex