cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving webservices that make us of the .NET application

a.van.loon
Builder

Hey all,

I want too see which machine initiates the transactions in the Appdynamics transaction snapshots view. I see transaction but I don't see where they come from. I expect to see way more webservices. Its a .NET agent and I'm running on 4.2. Any help is appreciated.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

Raunak.Mohanty
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

,Hi Van,

Can you try creating a HTTP Data Collector

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO43/Data+Collectors

Thanks,

Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hey Raunak,

Is that the only 'maybe' way to retrieve the requestor? I actually expected to see the webservices where the application sends it responses to.

Regards

Raunak.Mohanty
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Van,

Webservice will send the response back to the Requester so if we get the info via Http Data Collector then we know who the requester is. Let me know if I misunderstood your question.

Thanks,

Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Just checked the messages that it gets and these are soap messages and there ain't much in the header that gives intel about the requestor. There is however in the body an XML message where the requestor is in registered? Is there a way to retrieve it through xpath or something in a datacollector?

regards