cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with certificate in windows 2016

I have a problem. I installed the .NET application with a Windows 2008 R2 computer. If it works, I have communication, I configure it step by step and everything works correctly.
But there is another computer that contains Windows 2016 version .NET 22.8.0 compatible with 4.4.1.0, we have the same thing and it does not work, it sends a communication error and a certificate does not exist.

Has anyone happened to it?

Attached evidence:

certification.jpglog.jpglogp.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Daniela de los Angeles.Salas Peña,

I found this older Community post that seems to be talking about a similar issue. Can you check it out and let me know if it helps - https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Controller-SaaS-On-Premises/Net-Agent-install-fails-in-trial-SA...

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi @Ryan.Paredez 

Thanks of information
It was not successful, I did the test and I get the same error, I share the evidence, 

Could you help me with more solutions please?

certification.jpg

The certificate instance is installed in a proxy on a linux operating system
the certificate in linux asks me for a key
Here the issue is if you could provide me with some parameters to generate the key
or in your case the certificate where you could get it with the key if someone knows

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

I found this info in an exiting support ticket. Please see if this info helps out. 

• Can you please check whether you are able to access and browse the controller URL through Internet explorer on the agent machine where you are facing this issue? If the controller is not accessible using IE from the agent machine clearly states there is a network issue in your environment. 
    Please ask your network team needs to allow the traffic from the agent to the controller machine. 
    Once you are able to access the controller using IE the agent should also ideally work fine. 
  • Also, kindly open a command prompt as admin and use telnet command from server to controller at the specified port and verify if telnet is successful or not.
    telnet <controller> <port>
  • Also, can you please check to connect at non-ssl port and verify if it connects without any issue?

If telnet is not successful to the controller at the specific port from the server,  you would have to check and verify with your network team to open the port from server to controller.

telnet <controller> <port>

Once the port is open and you are able to telnet the controller at the specified port from the agent machine, then kindly test the connection through Agent configuration utility again and complete the configuration.

So the steps are:

1. Please confirm if the controller host/port is accessible on the agent machine when opened in a browser. Run the appdynamics configuration wizard and make a test connection.

Also, I see you have a proxy involved. Is the proxy at network/system level or at the application level (in app.config/web.config) level? If so then we have to configure it in config.xml as below - 
<controller host="mycontroller.example.com">
  <application name="MyDotNetApplicaition" />
  <proxy host="myproxy.example.com" port="3128" enabled="true">
    <authentication enabled="true" user_name="MyProxyUser" password="password" domain="mydomain.com"/>
  </proxy>
</controller>

Thanks,

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Hi @Ryan.Paredez 
That solution is already done.
What I was commenting on in the previous answer is the possibility of certificates, if they can provide a key or command to generate it

Please if you can help me

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Ah, sorry. I misread the last message. Did you get your install instructions from an AppD Docs page? If so, can you share that with me? 

Thanks,

Hi @Ryan.Paredez 

I did not receive instructions as is, I only have a reference to this problem in this community forum
https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Controller-SaaS-On-Premises/Net-Agent-install-fails-in-trial-SA...

What I require is that you provide me with the instance of the certificate is installed in a proxy in a linux operating system
the certificate in linux asks me for a key
Here the issue is if you could provide me with some parameters to generate the key
or in your case the certificate where you could get the key if someone knows

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Thanks for that. The community is peer-to-peer to based. I was not able to find any existing content to share. At this point, I would recommend reaching out to Support. 

How do I submit a Support ticket? An FAQ 

Thanks,

Hi @Ryan.Paredez 

Thanks for the support

DanieladelosAngelesSalasPea_0-1670962964299.png

One more question regarding the image, are there more cases here in the community that you could provide me with?

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

It depends on exactly what you are looking for. You can use the Search feature at the top of the page to search for any specific word/phase/error. 

We have the forums and also the Knowledge base as places I would recommend you search.

Thanks,