cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to AppD...learning on the job. Do we need to create "Scope" first or "Tier"

Builder

This is not an installation question.

Do we need to create a scope or tier first. Right now autodection feature of AppD is putting all web related links into one Tier. I want to split them into meaningful BT's.

Looking for ideas.

thank you

2 REPLIES 2
AppDynamics Team

Re: New to AppD...learning on the job. Do we need to create "Scope" first or "Tier"

Basam,

Business Transactions are defined at the Tier level. I recommend making sure your agents are grouped into meaningful service layers first, that is, the ingress calls are the same for that service layer. These service layers are represented as Tiers in AppD. It is also best practice to include Tiers which communicate frequently with one another in the same Application with Business Transaction defined only on the ingress Tiers to that Application and Service Endpoints defined on the Tiers dowstream to the Business Transaction. Business Transaction customization, which may include scoping, is the step after modeling.

Best Regards

Dave

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.
Builder

Re: New to AppD...learning on the job. Do we need to create "Scope" first or "Tier"

Thank You. I haven't asked the question correctly.

I will try to frame it property in another post