cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Windows Service availablity or health check

Pingpongofkingkong
Adventurer

I have a Windows Service that I want to monitor its avaiblility 24/7. How should I configure it on Controller (pls provide links or steps)? Ideally, if the service is down, alert will show up on dashboard, (bonus point, it can send out email alert).

3 REPLIES 3

Kartikay.Tripathi
AppDynamics Team

You can utilize AppDynamics .NET extension manager to monitor windows service status. 

Please find attached document* to refer to the complete process on how to setup Windows Service status monitoring extension. 

Using this extension, configured Windows service status gets reported to Controller as a metric. You can utilize this metric to create alerts on.

*In addition to PDF, allso see github hosted releases, below

Link ed to additional resources below as well as making minor post-site re-design edits to primarily correct spacing
Claudia Landivar, Community Manager & Editorto 

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

I have downloaded DotNetAgentExtensionManager, however it does not contains the files as mentioned in the pdf file. Example: AppDynamics.Extension.Manager.exe file is not available. Please let know if you have another link to download and get all the files. Thanks 

@Sreenivas.Goka  - You can use the github hosted releases from following link - - https://github.com/Appdynamics/DotNetAgentExtensionManager/tree/master/Publish 

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.