cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Exchange monitoring

Yann.Loukili
Creator

Hello, 
Is there a solution to monitor a Microsoft Exchange Server running on a Windows Server 2012 ? I looked through the documentation and the differents blog posts and I couldn't find something about that subject. Is there a way supervise such a server even if there isn't a specific solution for Exchange Servers. 

Thanks. 

Yann Loukili

4 REPLIES 4

Ashish.Singh
AppDynamics Team

Hi Yann,

It seems like you are trying to monitor the Microsoft Exchange Windows services on the Windows Server 2012. We are not sure whether these services are .Net components.

If they are .Net processes then you can use the AppDynamics .Net Agent to configure them. However, the best way is to check to see if these services are .net components is by running the following command tasklist /m "mscor*". The output of the above command lists the processes that have DLLs starting with mscor*, indicative of .NET processes. Processes that are not on the list are not .NET processes and cannot be instrumented with the .NET Agent. Please refer to the following document link for more details  - https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Configure+the+.NET+Agent+for+Windows+Services+and+Standal...

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Ashish.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Ashish, 

Rather than Knowing if I could monitor .NET services with AppDynamics (which I know is implemented in the application), my question was to know if there was a specific solution for Microsoft Exchange as it is a strategic and complex application. Some of your concurrents (Dynatrace and Exchange Reporter Plus being the biggest of them) promises include a built in support of Microsoft Exchange and that was why I asked that question.

Thanks to you,

Yann

Hey,

Any updates on this thread? Do we have monitoring solution for MS Exchange from Appdynamics?

Hi @Vaibhav Vir.Singh,

@Ashish.Singh  response still holds true, which you can see here: https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/NET-Agent-Installation/Microsoft-Exchange-monitoring/m-p/36674/...

What specific metrics are you looking to monitor?

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.