cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine Agent Grayed

Tamir.hagai
Builder

Hi,

I installed Machine Agent v4.5.8.2073 GA on one of my servers in the home view of appdynamics under "Servers".

I see the server agent, 2 agents, twice grayed:

server01-java
server01

when I click it a window opens saying "Advanced features will be available with Server Visibility license"
I do have available licenses.

why is it still grayed?

3 REPLIES 3

Eric.Miller
Architect

If you have available Server Visibility licenses (separate from machine agent licenses) then to enable server vis on those machine agents you'll need to go into the controller-info.xml file and flip the following attribute to "true" to enable that machine agent o report itself in correctly:

<sim-enabled>true</sim-enabled>

To verify you have the right licenses, go into your Controller GUI, click on the cog wheel in the top right, and then go to "License" and check under "Infrastructure Visibility"

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi

i do have available Server Visibility licenses available, however my question is if I did not enable a machine visibility agent, why do I see the grayed out agents as:

server01-java
server01
?

Hi Tamir,

If we understand, you have two server name one is like "server01" and another is like "server01-java-MA".

The Controller UI might show the server name with "-java-MA" appended to the host ID. This is expected behavior; the "-java-MA" suffix indicates that the host has a Standalone Machine Agent running in .NET Compatibility Mode. 

For more details, please refer to the below document.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/.NET+Compatibility+Mode

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Ashish.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.