cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue installing a .Net Agent on DMZ with Controller inside the firewall

vivek.bansal
Adventurer

Hi, We are trying to install a .Net Agent on our DMZ Server using port 8181 (on premises) and receiving the attached error. We have made sure that the certificate is installed in the Root Trusted Certificate Authority and it is installed there but not sure how to proceed further with this. Did anyone had similar issues and managed to resolve it? If yes, please help or guide us.

We have also ensured that port 8181 is open in the firewall.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

ashutosh.tripathi
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for writing to us!

Please let us know if you are able to open controller UI from the agent box. Also, please validate if you are able to connect with controller at 8090 even?

Regards,

Ashutosh

Hi,

I am not sure by Controller UI box? I can go to the GUI part where i can specify the controller IP address, port number etc and it displays me whether the connection is succesful or  not and currently it throwing me a certificate error. No i cannot connect using port 8090 but our network team has not open up that port because i only asked them to open 8181. it's not easy to convince your network team to open a port in firewall.

ashutosh.tripathi
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update Vinay!

I menat by controller UI, the portal url(https://<controllerhost>:<port>) where you will see your instrumented application metrics. If that is not accessible at the agent box, agent will never be able to connect with controller. Please connect with your controller team to make this url accessible at this box and then you will be able to instrument the application.

Regards,

Ashutosh