cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to troubleshoot System.Threading.Monitor.ObjWait in .Net

Ruli.Handrio
Builder

Hi All,

We have .Net based Application that need to be monitored. From couple of Call Graph we found that several slow transaction is from Class Method System.Threading.Monitor.ObjWait. But, i have no clue what we should do with this class method. Do you guys have any idea about this Class Method and how to troubleshoot and handle this ?

Thanks,

Ruli

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Ruli.Handrio,

I found this info on an older ticket. Given the info you shared, I hope this can at least provide some direction.

System.Threading.Monitor.ObjWait is awaiting the completion of the task that has been queued. You should focus your attention on what is queuing the work and try to understand why it is taking as long as it is. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Did anyone find an answer to this question ?

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Elmarie.van Aswegen,

I provided some info in my previous reply as a place to further investigate. If that was no help for you, and given this question was asked a while ago. I think contacting AppD Support would be a better path for now. 

How do I submit a Support ticket? An FAQ 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.