cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display WCF operation name which is hidden by a custom detection rule

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody knows how to find out what is the actual WCF operation name, when we have a custom detection rule which groups a bunch of operations together if they are a part of the same service?

For instance, let's say we have WCF service called appd. It has a bunch of operations called op1, op2... Automatic rule will create a single BT for each of the operations and name them like "appd.op1", "appd.op2" etc.

If we create a custom detection rule to include all of them in a single BT, we will end up with a single BT that will, say, have a name "appd operations".

Here comes the issue now. After this new, single BT is created, I am not able to again see the operation names. Cannot find that possibility. I would like to somehow display these op1, op2... and so on... names so I can check few things. Tried in snapshots, look everywhere, it looks like the only way to again fetch these operation names is to delete the custom rule and revert back to auto detection rule.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi Bojan

Would it not be better to leave the Business Transaction as a single transaction, and then split out each operation under Service Endpoints?

That way if you are looking for specific operations, you can use Service Endpoints view, which will give you snapshots from within Business Truncations?

Otherwise you would just need to identify where in the Dotnet Code you can extract the operation name for a Data Collector

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that makes sense indeed. If I don't have too many WCF operations (and I don't in my case) this would really work. Thanks a lot.