cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Executive Dashboard in AppD

soundarajan
Maker

Hello,

We've started using AppD in our team for the very first time. As of now, we're exploring the tool features and functionalities. So at present we working on the point to create a dashboard for management to witness the business performance and the impact of an application. 

We've instrumented our internal Password recovery tool(.net) for a demo purpose now. 

We need to create an Executive Dashboard as shows in AppD Documentation., showing real performance and impact values of application in DB.

But I'm unable to get exact widget types as shown in the example to create values. Could someone please help me with how to create a dashboard as in attachment?

Regards,

Soundarajan

3 REPLIES 3

Yogesh.Chouk
AppDynamics Team

Hi Soundarajan,

Please go through the below documentation which will help you to create the various types of dashboard widget.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Create+and+Manage+Custom+Dashboards+and+Templates#Createa...

Thanks,

Yogesh

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Brian.Wheeldon
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Soundaragan,

The dashboard screenshot you posted has an Absolute Layout, which allows you to position widgets anywhere and overlap them, for example Metric Value widgets positioned on top of Health Status widgets.

The "Revenue per Minute ($)" chart is a Timeseries Graph widget using data from an Information Point.

The red and green circles are Health Status widgets bound to health rules.

The numeric values are Metric Value widgets.

The remainder of the text labels are Label widgets.

Regards,

Brian Wheeldon

Brian Wheeldon, Solution Engineer, NYC

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thank you so much Brian., your solution was more helpful. 

I'm able to recreate it as per my need now. 

Thanks a lot !!