cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating health rule for 95th percentile value

Hi,

AppDev can allow 5% of BTs with response time above 10 ms. If we need to use the 95th percentile metric to meet this condition, do i have the health rule created correct (see attached)

Need to confirm i should choose "< specific value" (less than) in the HR condition. Please advise

Thanks,

Sundar

3 REPLIES 3

Also, i have used relative metric path (see attached), rather than a specific metric for the health rule to evaluate each of the affected business transactions. Does this work as intended and have i used in the correct format? please confirm

In "overview" i chose "Business Transaction Performance (load, response time, slow calls, etc)"

"Affects" as "All Business Transactions in the Application"

Thanks!

Hi Sundarapandian,

If I understand correctly from your statement "AppDev can allow 5% of BTs with response time above 10 ms.".It means you can have only 5% of the response time greater than 10 ms. Let us know if it is not the case.

As per definition of 95th percentile value -

• The 95% line indicates that 95% of the response times fall below this line.

So, In your scenario, 95th percentile value will be 10 ms.

You can create HR with using relative metric path with selected values as screenshot attached. HR will evaluate based on the data collected and give you violation alert if percentile value will be calculated greater that 10 ms during the set of time configured.

Please let us if you have any question.

Thanks,

Ashish.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Ashish,

Yes, that is what i meant, appdev can have only 5% of the response time greater than 10 ms.

The sample HR helps

Thanks!

Sundar